- A loose-lying system which effectively compensates movement and deformation
- The system can be mounted on a wet foundation
- The use of membranes with a signal layer for rapid detection of any damaged areas
- The process of installation is fireproof as it is performed without the use of an open flame
- Repairability throughout the term of service
- Isolation of possible leaks
- The product can be mounted at low temperatures
- Increased reliability of the system due to two layers of waterproofing
- Water tightness of the system can be controlled at all stages of construction and operation
Two-layer waterproofing system for deep-level tunnels. The system prevents the negative impact of groundwater on the framing structure.
The system can be used for tunnels which have the following parameters of interaction with the geological environment:
- Engineering/geological properties of the ground: the dominant soil and rock types at the construction site have high hardness coefficient, low porosity and high water content.
- Hydrogeological characteristics of the ground: the tunnel is to be built in locations with one or more high-capacity aquifers and high hydraulic pressure, with water which is not uniform in its chemical composition and degree of aggressive nature.
The most reliable solution to ensure the watertightness of the technically complex constructions in waterlogged soils is a two-layer waterproofing system with vacuum quality control. The system includes two waterproofing materials: LOGICBASE V-SL (LOGICROOF T-SL), a membrane with a signal layer, and LOGICBASE V-ST (LOGICROOF T-PL), a membrane with a textured surface.
LOGICBASE V-SL (LOGICROOF T-SL) and LOGICBASE V-ST (LOGICROOF T-PL) membranes are used to make 2 waterproofing sheets, up to 150 m2 in size. The TLOGICBASE V-ST (LOGICROOF T-PL) waterproofing layer is placed on LOGICBASE V-SL (LOGICROOF T-SL) with its textured surface down. Two layers are welded to each other along their perimeter, forming a leakproof sheet with an area of up to 150 m2. The surface pattern of LOGICBASE V-ST (LOGICROOF T-PL) prevents adhesion of membranes during vacuum testing. The waterproofing consists of the first layer, which hangs on PVC rondels, and the second, which is welded around the perimeter and is also spot-welded to the first layer over the whole area of the sheet. After the welding of two waterproofing layers, holes are cut in the LOGICBASE V-ST (LOGICROOF T-PL) membrane, fittings are welded to these holes and pipes for vacuum quality control are attached.
The vacuum test involves sucking the air out of the waterproofing sheet (the space between the two waterproofing membranes) through the pipes connected to the sheet, after which the vacuum level is measured. The leak resistance criterion is the preservation of vacuum in the sheet for 5 minutes. If the system is found to lack leak resistance, the damaged areas are found and the sheet is repaired. If the waterproofing has to be repaired, a special injection mixture is injected into the space between the two membranes through the pipes connected to the system. After polymerization, the repair material restores the leak resistance of the waterproofing.
The protective layer in the system with the vacuum quality control is made of geotextile and polyethylene film or of LOGICBASE V-PT, a special protective PVC membrane. On horizontal surfaces, waterproofing is also protected by the screed.
Area of application:
TN-TUNNEL Expert is a double-layer waterproofing system with vacuum quality control; it is designed for use in tunnels constructed by underground method in complicated hydrogeological conditions.